The DAAD Research Internships in Science and Engineering (RISE) Germany offers summer research internships in Germany for undergraduate students from North America, Great Britain, and Ireland. Students are matched with doctoral students and researchers at German institutions, who serve as their mentors. Students receive a monthly living stipend and a travel allowance for the 3-day RISE meeting in Heidelberg.
Scholarship Amount€934/month living stipend
Annual Number of Scholarships Awarded
- ~300 per year
- Be currently enrolled at a university/college in the United States, Canada, the UK or Ireland as undergraduate student in the field of biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth sciences or engineering (or a closely related field)
- Be an undergraduate who will have completed at least 2 years of a degree program by the time of the internship placement
- Prove that you will maintain undergraduate status after the internship has taken place
NOTE: German language skills are not required for most positions but would be helpful to manage everyday life outside of the laboratory. The working language will generally be English.
- DAAD RISE Application
- List of classes/future classes
- 3 motivation letters for your top 3 internship programs
- 2 letters of recommendation